Loctite threadlockers are a reliable way to prevent the release or loosening of thread joints due to mechanical vibrations or environmental factors such as corrosion and temperature fluctuations. A threadlocker is suitable for a range of applications.
Key characteristics of threadlockers
▪ Clean and easy to apply
▪ Resists vibration
▪ Locks and seals all threads
▪ Reduces inventory costs
The main criteria in choosing the right threadlocker out of a wide range are the material (plastic or metal), diameter and thread length of the screws or stud bolts used, as well as their strength class. Many products are universally applicable for a range of thread sizes.
Benefits of a liquid threadlocker
The threadlocker functions by curing in the absence of air. Compared to mechanical locking elements. Liquid threadlocker are particularly secure as the clamping force is retained, resulting in a high breakaway torque.
Removable & serviceable in every color
Easy disassembly with hand tools when using Low and Medium Strength formulas. High strength red formulas may be disassembled with localized heat and hand tools.
Red LOCTITE® Threadlocker, High Strength & Permanent
Permanently lock and seal threaded fasteners up to one-inch in diameter.
- Designed to deliver high strength on ¼ " to ¾ " (6 mm to 22 mm) fasteners
- Optimum temperature range is -65ºF to 550ºF
- Disassembling requires localized heat (>550°F/260°C), hand tools, and disassembly while hot.
Blue LOCTITE® Threadlocker, Medium Strength & Removable
Fill spaces between threads to produce a secure one-piece assembly that will not loosen under stress, but can be removed with hand tools.
- Removable with standard hand tools on ¼ " to ¾ " fasteners.
- Available in liquid, stick, paste, gel and tape form.
- Fast fixture times.
- Optimum temperature range is range -65ºF to 650ºF.
Purple LOCTITE® Threadlocker for Small Thread, Low Strength
LOCTITE® 222™ Purple Threadlocker prevents loosening from shock or vibration, but also allows for simple, hand-tool disassembly without shearing the screw.
- Low strength
- Easy to remove liquid threadlocker
- Typically used with small screws up to 1/4".
- The optimum temperature range is -65º F to 300º F.
Green LOCTITE® Threadlocker, Preassembled, Wicking Grade
Green color, removable with heat and hand tools, for preassembled fasteners, instrumentation screws, electrical connectors, carburetors and fasteners.
- Used for wicking applications.
- The optimum temperature range is -65ºF to 450ºF
- Easy removal
- Ideal for small screws